top of page

Visa Information


Visitors entering the Republic of Korea (ROK) must hold a valid passport and visa to enter the country. Nationals of visa waiver or visa-free countries may enter the country without a visa for tourism purposes only. For any other purposes, such as employment or education, proper visas are required. Nationals of non-visa waiver countries must apply for visas at the nearest Korean embassy or consulate prior to entering the ROK.

Countries that are granted visa-free entry for general passport holders. Nationals of the following countries are allowed to enter and stay in ROK for up to 30 days of visa-free sojourn for tourism or visitation.

K-ETA Application

K-ETA eligible nationals, who wish to enter visa-free the Republic of Korea, must obtain K-ETA approval before boarding the flight or ship. Please keep in mind that the assessment can take more than 72 hours depending of the situation. Therefore, please apply for K-ETA with sufficient time.

For more information and guidelines, please visit K-ETA Application Guide page.

Invitation Letter for VISA Application to Visit Korea (apply if necessary)

  1. The invitation letter for obtaining a Korean visa is issued in the name of Korean Society of Soil Science and Fertilizer (KSSSF), the hosting society.

  2. Invitation letter is ONLY available to those who have completed online registration and paid the registration fee.

  3. Invitation letter for visa issuance does not include financial support for attendees, only information for visa issuance is written.

  4. Application for issuance of invitation letter must be made to the GSS 2023 Secretariat by email ( with a copy of passport.

  5. A copy of the invitation letter in PDF format will emailed to the applicant for verification prior to sending the original.

  6. GSS 2023 secretariat will send the original letter with a copy of the business certificate of the hosting society to the applicant through the EMS service of the post office within 3 weeks.

Notarized Invitation Letter (apply if necessary)

  1. If you need to receive a notarized invitation letter to apply for a visa, you must request it by email at

  2. Notarized letter will be sent by airmail (EMS) within a month of request.

  3. The notarized invitation letter is ONLY available to those who have completed online registration and paid the registration fee.

  4. It costs about $100 for notarization and overseas mail delivery, and the exact amount and payment method will be notified separately.

  5. If you are not sure whether a notarized invitation letter is required for visa issuance, please contact the Korean embassy in your country.

bottom of page